Jose Luis Comparan Elizondo has a doctorate in pedagogical sciences and a bachelor degree from the School of Physics and Mathematics, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon in March, 1970. He obtained a Master of Sciences, physics-geophysics on September, 1973 in the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Comparan is distinguished for his support and help in the development of the School of Physics and Mathematics of the Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, throughout his 43 years of service.
He has been an important pillar in the development of UANL School of Physics and Mathematics.
He as held various positions such as:
- Representative of School of Physics and Mathematics to the Higher Education Advisory Board of the Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon. (October 1973-September 1984)
- Founder and Coordinator of the Geophysics Research Division at the School of Physics and Mathematics. (June 1974-November 1983)
- Dean of the School of Physics and Mathematics (September 1974-August 1978).
- Director and founder of the bachelor of Computer Sciences, whose graduate students have given great recognition to the school in the industrial and technological environment.
- Director and founder of Centro de Investigaciones Físico Matemáticas (Center of Physics-Mathematics Research) in the period of 1978-1983.
- Representative of the Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon in the SESIC-SEP for the working out of the Sistema Nacional de Orientación Educativa (SNOE) (National System of Educational Orientation) (July-December 1984)
- In 1997 he took part in defining he structure of the Master’s degree in Teaching Sciences and he became coordinator of the specialty in Physics since that year until 2002.
- Coordinator of the Physics area of the Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, for the elaboration of the programs for the Master’s degree in Sciences Major in Science Teaching in the Centro Interdisciplinario de Investigacion y Docencia en Educacion Tecnica (Interdisciplinary Center of Research and Teaching Technical education) (CIIDET) Querétaro, Qro. (February 2000-February 2002).
- Consultant of Rectory Secretary in Universidad Autonoma Del Estado de Morelos, to the development of the remodeling of the Upper Intermediate Level in this School, from February 1997 to May 1998.
He participated as lecturer in many local congresses, both national and international; has many published works related to different aspects of the Physics and Sciences teaching. Also, he has had an important participation in Research area, through some projects in which he has participated as Associate Researcher. He was Advisor teacher of the School of Physics and Mathematics University Senate from Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon in the period of 1978-2979.
Due to the tenacity for the development and technological advances, led Comparan to create a department of Design and Construction of Scientific tools to teach in the Bachelor and Upper Intermediate education level, in the School of Physics and Mathematics. Currently more than 160 institutions in the country have some of these tools. In 1998 he received recognition as Geophysics Pioneer Professor in Mexico, given by Unión Geofísica Mexicana, A.C.
In August 2006, the UANL University Senate unanimously agreed to appoint him as Emeritus Professor of the Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon.